Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Talks With Tiph: Excessive Talkers

Hi ladies (and gentlemen?)!

I have a special guest poster today. I can't call her a guest blogger because she's not a blogger. She always has some great encouraging words and I want to share some of her wisdom with you. 

Welcome my best friend, Tiphanie, to her blogging debut (lol)!






I am a person that loves to talk! But I'm learning that talking too much can get you into trouble. We talkers just don't know what our mouths can really get us into. The Bible speaks a lot on and about the mouth so, I know that if God cares to address it as much as He does then we need to take heed to what He's saying and apply His principles on our mouths to our lives. Joyce Meyer states in her book "Me and My Big Mouth" that excessive talking leads to feeling unsettled and a loss of peace- even if you aren't saying something evil, but simply because you need to be quiet and listen. 
I know I could stand to stop excessively talking and to just be quiet and listen to the Lord and what He wants me to say, rather than me just blabbing and speaking my own idle words.
The scripture I'm holding on to today comes from Ecclesiastes 5:2- 
"Do not be rash with your mouth and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few."

Tiphanie is a wife and mother of three beauties and she desires and strives daily to grow closer to God. She's a savvy fashionista who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. You can find Tiphanie on Instagram @Tiphanie_Lavoe.

1 comment:

  1. I am honored and humbled for introducing the trues of my life to the blogging world! I thank you and love you so much Britney! You're one of the greatest God-fearing, powerful, intelligent, and gifted friends I've ever been blessed to have in my life. Stay encouraged and keep doing one of the things you do best... giving the blogging industry all of you're FIERCENESS! ;)

    ReplyDelete